As a Building Owner with a Cooling Tower it is important to adhere to the NYC Cooling Tower Regulations. The LAW REQUIRES:
- Routine inspections and Legionella Testing of active cooling towers by a qualified professional prior to seasonal start-up and every 90 days!
- You respond appropriately to an elevated Legionella culture sampling result exceeding 1,000 colony-forming units (CFU) per milliliter (mL) and you notify the local health department within 24 hours!
- Twice a year your cooling tower be disinfected by a licensed pesticide applicator or technician certified by NY State!
- A maintenance plan for each cooling tower be developed and strictly followed!
- Each year by NOVEMBER 1st certification be obtained from a credentialed inspector stating a maintenance plan for each cooling tower has been followed and all cooling tower regulation requirements have been met!