The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene recently released Chapter 8 of Title 24 of the Rules of the City of New York for Cooling Tower Compliance.
These cooling tower compliance rules specifically outline on-going maintenance requirements for cooling towers within New York City. This is in addition to Annual Certification with the DOB, as outlined in Local Law 77 of 2015.
Lastly, owners of cooling towers must also abide by SSC Part 4, which includes registration and reporting with the State of New York.
With more than a decade of water treatment experience, including consulting on recent legionella outbreaks in NYC and current legislation, we have the knowledge required to help you stay compliant and avoid costly fines.
As a Building Owner with a Cooling Tower the LAW REQUIRES the following for Cooling Tower & Legionella Compliance:
- Routine inspections and Legionella Testing of active cooling towers by a qualified professional prior to seasonal start-up and every 90 days!
- You respond appropriately to an elevated Legionella culture sampling result exceeding 1,000 colony-forming units (CFU) per milliliter (mL) and you notify the local health department within 24 hours!
- Twice a year your cooling tower be disinfected by a licensed pesticide applicator or technician certified by NY State!
- A maintenance plan for each cooling tower be developed and strictly followed!
- Each year by NOVEMBER 1st certification be obtained from a credentialed inspector stating a maintenance plan for each cooling tower has been followed and all regulation requirements have been met!
You are AT RISK of not being in Cooling Tower Compliance with these problems:
- BIASED cooling tower inspections
- NO Maintenance Program & Plan
- Cooling Tower cleanings supervised by UNQUALIFIED personnel
- OUT-DATED water treatment equipment
- INVALID water testing (NOT CDC Elite)
Our Solutions MITIGATE YOUR RISK:
- UNBIASED Cooling Tower Inspections by a NY State Certified Pesticides Applicator
- Custom Maintenance Program & Plan per Cooling Tower developed by a CERTIFIED WATER TECHNOLOGIST (CWT)
- Cooling Tower cleanings & disinfections supervised by a QUALIFIED NY State Certified Pesticides Applicator (Require Survey)
- CDC Elite & ELAP Certified Labs Legionella & HPC Test
- Professional High Tech Water Treatment Equipment Installs (Require Survey)
NYC Cooling Tower Inspections and Services is your most qualified, unbiased option for cooling tower & legionella compliance inspections, custom development of a maintenance program and plan, and annual certification.